Why Your Website Is Not Getting More Bookings
- Your Website Doesn't Speak To Your Audience
- Your Website Isn't Made For Selling Tours
- Your Content Is Made For You & Not Your Audience
- You're Not Using The Right Channels
- You're Not Using Retargeting
So you've got a website, you've added bells and whistles, and yet it's still not getting as many bookings as you'd like? Even with a decent design and being search engine optimized, there are still 101 issues that could be causing your tourism business, attraction, or destination to miss out on bookings. Here are the top 5 reasons as to why your website is not getting more bookings.
1. Your Website Doesn't Speak To Your Audience
Before you start investing time, money and resources into building a better online presence, ask yourself, "Does my website speak to the right audience?". First, determine the audience your business is trying to attract. The goal is to get site visitors excited and to start booking the first time they visit your website. Then, you want those same customers to love your tours, attractions, etc., and recommend them to others. To accomplish this, you need to ensure that you are sending the right message to your audience. Ask yourself:
- Are you providing tours/product that people are excited about?
- Why should they choose your business over your competitors? What can set you apart?
- What else would customers like to see?
- What trend is your audience loving at the moment, and can you implement these trends into your own business?
2. Your Website Isn't Made For Selling Tours Specifically
Your website not only needs to look amazing, but it needs to function as well. So how can you accomplish this?
- Mobile Responsive Design
- Easy & Simple Navigation
- Obnoxious "Book Now" Buttons
- Optimized Booking Software Such as Fareharbor Or PeekPRO
- Clear Headlines & A Clear Message
3. Your Content Isn't Made For Your Audience
Site visitors don't care about your creative copy and photos you took yourself, they care about your tours/attraction and what they will be getting. If you're creating content that you solely believe in instead of researching and creating content that your audience would like, then you are doing your business huge disfavor! Cater to your audience, not yourself.
4. You're Not Using the Right Channels
Always make sure that your tours or attraction are on all of the right channels to be discovered. Set your business up on review sites such as Trip Advisor, and potentially even marketplace sites such as Viatour!
5. You're Not Utilizing Retargeting
The chances of a website visitor booking your tour the first time that they visit your site is very low. The average person looking to book experiences will visit on average 2 to 3 sites before deciding on a business to book with. One of the ways you can entice a customer to re-visit your site is to utilize retargeting ads. Retargeting is when a person visits your site for the first time, and then Facebook and Google will serve ads you've created for your business back to the visitor. We've written a little about getting repeat visitors, so check that out here.
Your website is one of the most important aspects of your business. It is a driving force in your bookings, brand awareness, and more, so as a tour operator, attraction or destination business, you need to ensure it's got beauty & brains if you want to get conversions. At iWerx Connect, we specialize in web development for businesses just like yours and can ensure that your website is a high-converting, search engine optimized machine. Contact us today to get started.